Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Monday, September 26, 2011

AJC 2011- Itinerary 39 – COUNT

AJC2011 Itinerary 39 – COUNT
*
Sonnet 43 – by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
From Sonnets from the Portuguese
*
Why did I choose 3560 as the photo frame?
These numbers have a very special meaning for us, as this coming year, 2012, will see us not only commemorate 35 years of marriage, but we will also be turning that very Magical Age, 60! (We have already started to receive the Senior’s discount at a local restaurant, much to my husband’s disgust..lol)
As for the sonnet: it was read at our 25th Anniversary and will be read again at our 35th.
*
Credits and Kits:
Background paper: Tangie’s FieldNotes: Fall Paper 12
Number groupings: Tangie’s AJC11 Parcel 39: Count
Font: mine
Photo of LadyNorth and Mr Bear being mushy: taken by our good friend Felicity
· Date: 9/26/2011

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I turned 60 this year. I can't say it particularly made me happy. I really like the way you used the numbers to make a frame!

    ReplyDelete

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.