Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Monday, September 26, 2011

AJC 2011 Itinerary 34 - SOUND

AJC2011 Itinerary 34 – Sound

or The Great Cricket Hunt.
The sound I am hearing most often in these late summer evenings, through the open bedroom window, are the crickets chirping in the long golden summer grasses.
I had never thought of them as Calendar Keepers until my cousin Ms. B told me that, “ As soon as you hear crickets, Summer’s over.” Darn and Drats! Since this is the year of the ‘Summer that t’wasn’t’ – I can only hope their chirping heralds a Long Indian Summer that lasts until November 1st!
While doing a bit of research on crickets, Sophie learned that in Brazil, their sound either heralds rainfall or a financial windfall! Thinking we could use a bit of cash around here, off Sophie and Kevin went, with Sophie carrying an old birdcage in her mouth and Kevin perched high on her head for a good ‘cricket’ view. Unfortunately the bars of the birdcage were too wide to keep the crickets from jumping out and Kevin discovered once he caught a few, they made a delightful snack (after scolding Sophie about not eating flowers, he was very ‘embarrased’ about his cricket crunchies!)
Truth be told, I am very grateful that no crickets have made it into our house. They are delightful to hear outdoors, but not so delightful when you are trying to sleep and they have decided to nest in your bedroom walls!
Credits and Kits:
Background Paper: AJC11 Parcel 33- LIGHT – Tangie’s Deconstruct Papers
Sound Waves: AJC11 Parcel 34 – SOUND
Font: Tangie’s Tweedledee
Photo: Holly Grape and Summer Grasses (LN photo)
Birdcage: DSA2
Crickets: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.