Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Monday, September 26, 2011

AJC 2011 September Adventure Quest: ZENTANGLE MANDALA


















or Squash*Tang*Ala!
Our Canadian Thanksgiving (October 10) is fast approaching and with it comes my favourite Season, Autumn.
Bountiful and beautiful squashes of all types and colours (including BLUE pumpkins!) are popping up in the stores, tumbling out of bins, enticing me to buy whole armloads for the table setting.
I had taken this photo of a group of Squashes in my local Safeway and put it away in my picture folio thinking it might make a nice Autumn card.
Then the Muse tapped me on the shoulder and said, ‘why don’t you ‘tangle’ them? One squash is already a perfect mandala shape.’
So I printed it out on matte photo paper, sat in front of the tv and went through at least half a dozen sharpie fine point pens.
In my Squash*Tang*Ala, you may notice one section that is different: I call that the Path Outwards.
It may not be a perfect mandala because of that, but I have learned this year to ‘embrace my imperfections!’ (g)
Harvest Blessings to you all!
Kits and Credits:
Tangie’s FieldNotes: Fall - Paper background and Leaf Elements.
Font: Tangie’s MockTurtle
Photo: mine

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat! I keep saying I want zentangle, but keep feeling like I need to buy the kit to do it. That's so stupid!

    ReplyDelete

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.