Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AJC 2011 Week 9 - Itinerary: Verb of the Week: Amuse

AJC 2011 INTINERARY 9 - VERB: AMUSE
“The most touching moments of our existence, leave us without words.
- Marcel Marceau

This is my tribute to Beloved “Bip”, Marcel Marceau, the greatest Mime Artist our generation has ever seen; a consummate performer who
single handedly rescued l’art du silence’ from obscurity and made this amazing Street Art recognized as a true Dramatic Art Form.

While researching his life, I came across this remarkable bit of information:
..Marcel and his older brother, Alain, joined the French Resistance in Limoges, where they saved numerous children from the race laws and concentration camps,
Marcel started miming as way of keeping children quiet, as they were escaping over the mountains into Switzerland…

The black card depicts Marcel as Harlequin or ‘Arlequin.
The Diamond stands for the tradtional Harlequin costume and the Heart for the love of Mime and for Children.
*
Credit and Kits:
Tangie Holliewood QOC2 background paper (Eiffel Tower)
Black background paper: AJC11 Parcel 01
Font: Tangie’s Mad Hatter
Windows: Times Roman
Photos of Marcel Marceau: c/r free the net
Inspiration: Nevermore's Harlequin

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you researched this. I had no idea. It makes your collage very special.

    ReplyDelete

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.