Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

AJC 2011 Itinerary 29: SCENTEZ! (Smell) or SANTE! (To Your Health!)

AJC2011 Itinerary 29: SCENTEZ! (Smell) SANTE! (To Your Health!)

Though the two words Scentez and Sante are spelled differently, they are close enough in sound to make a delightful pun in French.
Our local Damali Lavender Farm is selling Lavender Wine this year, which I suppose would combine the two, especially if you raise a glass of the stuff to your nearest and dearest (we don’t imbibe so we’ll never know, but we will take their word for it)
http://www.damali.ca/index.php

As every Gardener knows (nose – sorry couldn’t resist) the most wonderful thing about being in the Garden, is simply breathing in all those HEALTHY SMELLS, especially after a summer rain has just passed on through, (and ignoring the rather heady aroma of fresh sprayed manure from the farm next door!)

Speaking of rain, it has been a real race around here to get my lavender in before getting soaked with the next downpour.
Knowing that I could use a little help, Sophie and Kevin joyfully volunteered.
Sophie found her panniers and with a little bit of struggle (she had gained a few pounds with all that fabulous food in Monte Carlo) I managed to get them fastened around her belly and over her hump.
Her Famous Tilley Hat was found under the bed and after it was dusted off, a sprig of lavender was attached and there she was - all set to go out and impress the neighbours with her Lavender Harvesting skills.
Kevin hopped on her hat and together the two of them wandered up the terraces behind our house.
Through the open window I could hear Kevin saying, “Sophie, NO, you can’t EAT those; Those go IN the PANNIERS!”
I fear I may not get as much lavender as I did last year, but Sophie was so set upon helping me, that I don’t have the heart to refuse her.
I just hope Kevin can keep her in line and that the panniers will be ‘mostly’ full, rather than her tummy.

Credits and Kits:
Light and Dark Green Background papers: Tangle’s Spring Field Notes
Window Frame: AJC11 Parcel 20
Bottle: AJC11 Parcel 29
Font: Tangle’s Duchess
Photos of Lavender: mine
Panniers: mine

1 comment:

  1. I love lavender, but I have never heard of lavender wine. I can't imagine what it would taste like. Probably a lot better than dandelion wine!

    ReplyDelete

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.