Welcome to my Soulo Journey

Welcome to my Soulo Journey.
Here is where I share my SoulArt while Caravan'ing through the Desert of the Page to the Oasis of Creativity.
You are welcome to share and leave a note under a nearby palm for me to find.
Blessing on your Journey also.

Friday, May 13, 2011

AJC 2011 Itinerary 19: Simply Started: A GOOD SOURCE ( according to Sophie)

AJC 2011 Itinerary 19: A GOOD SOURCE (according to Sophie)..
For Fresh Baked Cinnamon Rolls!

I felt a thick tongue roughly lick and slurp me awake last Sunday morning.
Arrgh!
It was Sophie who told me emphatically that She Was HUNGRY and since we were planning another Momentous Journey, we needed to stock up on Provisions.
According to Sophie, no Momentous Journey should be started on an empty stomach (especially one with FOUR compartments!)
I knew there would be no peace until she was fed, so I rolled out of my sleeping bag, hurriedly dressed, and together we sauntered off down the road.
With her Map basket full of maps and directions to Finding Fabulous Foodie Markets, she unerringly led me to a Bakery where the tantalizing smell of fresh baked cinnamon rolls wafted invitingly through the open door.
Once inside, Sophie ordered a dozen to eat right there and another dozen to take with her, (good thing the other side of her basket was empty so we had room!).
Fresh coffee, a piping hot gooey sticky cinnamon roll, cold water for Sophie and we were happy as clams at high tide.
Sophie smugly said, “See, now wasn’t that worth getting out of that sleeping bag on an early Sunday Morning?”
With a mouth full of cinnamon roll, I could only nod my head in agreement and wonder if I had room for another roll.
*
Credit and Kits:
Tangie’s Parcel 19 Elements: Frame paper, Destination sticker, Map scroll. Map paper.
Photo:True Grain Bakery (mine)
Wicker Basket and Cinnamon Rolls: the net
Font: Tangie’s Tweedledee

1 comment:

  1. Not only was it worth it, it was a discovery of treasure of the best kind!

    ReplyDelete

Here under the Sheltering Palm, may you find parchment, fresh quill and ink. Scrawl a note and leave it there for me to find. Thank you and a Blessed Journey to you also.